Defending Personal Privacy
"Our laws regarding freedom, privacy and civil liberties have not kept up with the rapid expansion of technology in today's digital age."
Tulsi is an original member of the bi-partisan 4th Amendment Caucus:
"I look forward to working with the bipartisan coalition united behind this caucus to protect and strengthen the Fourth Amendment rights granted to each and every American under our Constitution."
- Supported the Surveillance State Repeal Act
- Supported the original USA Freedom Act (prior to May 18th, 2014)
- Voted for Conyers Amash Amendment
- Voted for Massie-Lofgren Amendment (2014)
- Supported whistleblower protection measures for Intelligence employees and contractors
- Voted NO on USA Freedom Act (final passage)
- Voted YES on Massie-Lofgren Amendment to HR2685: Defund Section 702 surveillance
- Voted YES on Massie-Lofgren Amendment to HR4870: Ban encryption backdoors
- Co-Sponsor of Electronic Communication Privacy Act Reform
- Voted against The Protecting Cyber Networks Act
- Voted for the USA RIGHTS Act to rein in mass surveillance under Section 702 of the FISA Amendments Act