Tulsi is an outspoken advocate against Big Pharma’s efforts to influence policy and mislead the medical community and patients about the dangers of opioid addiction.
Tulsi believes that pharmaceutical companies should be prosecuted and held responsible for the deaths and lives that have been ruined as a result of their greed.
- Tulsi introduced H.R. 5782 - Opioid Crisis Accountability Act of 2018, to hold drug companies and executives accountable for profiting from the opioid epidemic
- Tulsi co-sponsored H.R. 5124 - Community Opioid Response Act of 2018
- Tulsi co-sponsored H.R. 664 - Stem the Tide of Overdose Prevalence from Opiate Drugs Act of 2017 (STOP OD Act of 2017), to help state and local governments raise awareness of the dangers of opioids like fentanyl, oxycodone, and heroin, expand educational efforts to prevent opiate abuse, and promote treatment and prevention
- Tulsi co-sponsored H.R. 2938 - Road to Recovery Act
- Tulsi co-sponsored H.R. 1245 - Affordable and Safe Prescription Drug Importation Act
- Tulsi voted to pass S.524 - Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act of 2016, which was signed into law
- Tulsi has called for the repeal of S.483 - Ensuring Patient Access and Effective Drug Enforcement Act of 2016, also known as the Marino-Hatch Law, which protects pharmaceutical companies from enforcement actions by the Drug Enforcement Administration