Please watch the videos below...
Tulsi has formally introduced a paper ballot and paper ballot backup system, to protect the integrity and security of our elections nationwide.
- Tulsi is the original sponsor of H.R. 5147 - Securing America’s Elections Act of 2018, which was introduced to protect our national election infrastructure from cyber-hackers by requiring the use of voter-verified paper ballots or a paper ballot backup in federal elections
- Tulsi is a co-sponsor of H.R. 530 - Secure Our Democracy Act, which prohibits foreign influence on our election process
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard’s Securing America’s Elections Act would ensure an auditable and secure record of every American’s vote by:
- Requiring the use of voter-verified paper ballots or a paper ballot backup in federal elections that if needed, can be audited and counted by hand, optical scanner, or similar device.
- Allowing voters to verify their ballot and correct any errors before their permanent paper ballot is preserved for official records.
- Establishing voter-verified paper ballots as the correct record of the total votes cast, in the event of any inconsistencies or irregularities between electronic and paper vote tallies.
- Authorizing emergency funding for states to meet the costs of ensuring paper ballots/paper ballot backups by the 2018 federal elections.
- Studying the effectiveness and security of using open-source electronic voting software, which could potentially provide additional security and lower costs of upgrading our nation’s election infrastructure.